The Cat Doctor is a full service medical and surgical facility exclusively for cats. Established in 1983 in the Art Museum area, the hospital has served the Philadelphia community well for over thirty years providing excellent comprehensive and compassionate care.
We are looking for friendly, highly motivated, compassionate people to join our three doctor practice for a PART TIME position. They will have the main responsibility of cleanliness and comfort of our patients and boarders as well as technical and nursing support. They are expected to assist in other areas of the hospital, including but not limited to reception when requested. They are to promote greater efficiency by relieving veterinarians of technical work and administrative detail and must be able to prioritize and handle multiple tasks in a calm, organized manner. This position requires self-motivation, neatness, and eye for detail.
We are open Monday through Saturday. Evening and weekend work is required.
To be considered for this position, you should have experience doing the following:
- Proper handling and restraint techniques for examination, sample collection and radiology (we are a cat friendly, fear free practice)
- Client education
- Administer oral medications
- Administer subcutaneous and intramuscular injections as directed
- Knowledge of commonly used medications, their uses and routes of administration
- Performing routine grooming procedures such as nail trims, ear cleaning, sanitary clips
- Calculating drug dosages
- Collecting blood samples via phlebotomy
- IV catheter placement
- Anesthesia monitoring
The following skills are preferred but we are willing to train the right candidate:
- Experience with electronic medical records
- Collecting urine via cystocentesis
- Familiarity with in house laboratory equipment
- Performing blood pressure readings using the doppler
The Cat Doctor is a full service, AHAA certified, three doctor medical and surgical facility exclusively for cats. Established in 1983 in the Art Museum area, the hospital has served the Philadelphia community well for over thirty years providing excellent comprehensive and compassionate care. Our Mission is to give our clients our best effort every day and we practice medicine as a form of friendship celebrating the special love of cats.
Our goal is to provide state-of-the-art medicine for our clients and patients through the skilled and compassionate hands of our dedicated team members, with particular emphasis on performing sound laboratory and imaging diagnostics, minimizing patient stress, and alleviation of pain and discomfort. We encourage open, honest communication with our clients so they are able to make informed decisions about their cat’s care and participate in their cat’s well-being.
The Cat Doctor is proud to be certified as a Cat Friendly Practice by the Americ