Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center - Equine Internal Medicine Specialist
Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center
Location: Cave Creek, Arizona
Type: Full Time
Preferred Education: Doctorate
Relocation bonus opportunity!
Internal Number: 10959
Equine Internal Medicine Specialist -Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center
Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center is the largest equine referral center in Arizona, with ambulatory and small animal services offered throughout the greater Phoenix and Scottsdale area. We offer referral, specialty services for horses on a routine and emergency basis in surgery and internal medicine and we collaborate with other specialists including ophthalmologists, cardiologists and dermatologists on an as needed basis. The hospital is located in the foothills of Cave Creek, and is fully equipped with a cooled, 12 stall nursing and intensive care unit, an isolation facility, standing MRI, nuclear scintigraphy and full-service radiology suite (digital radiography, ultrasound, endoscopy), on-site laboratory and 2 surgery suites with a padded induction and recovery area allowing for assisted recovery from anesthesia.
We are looking for a board-certified or board-eligible equine internal medicine specialist to provide clinical services as a part of a collaborative group of equine ambulatory and specialist veterinarians.
The ideal candidate would provide internal medicine services as well as emergency care to a large population of performance horses and pleasure horses in a hospital setting with an ambulatory component as desired.
- Provide high quality internal medicine care as a part of the Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center team
- Contribute to out-of-hours service as an in hospital specialist for emergencies
- Demonstrate a team approach with other specialists and ambulatory practitioners within the practice and with the referring veterinarian population outside of the practice
- Excellent communication skills are critical including contributing to discharge instruction generation and conveying findings to owners and referring veterinarians
- Contribute to expansion of the referral caseload within Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center
- Commitment to training, support, supervision and mentorship to intern veterinarians and veterinary support staff is important-experience in these roles desirable
Compensation package dependent on experience and board-certification
For application, we provide a current resume or Curriculum vitae and letter of intent as well as contact information for 3 references.
- Veterinary degree from an AVMA accredited institution
- Arizona veterinary medical licensure or eligibility for licensure at the time of application
- Completion of an American College of Veterinary Internal Medicine or European
- College of Veterinary Internal Medicine recognized residency training program with board-eligibility or certification
- A strong service-focused philosophy, proven clinical competency, and desire to work as part of a progressive, collaborative, multi-disciplinary team of veterinarians
About Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center
Chaparral Veterinary Medical Center (CVMC) is a full service veterinary hospital and clinic for horses, dogs, and cats. Our organization was founded in 1978, and moved to our new, state-of-the-art facility, built in 2008. Our practice has constantly been striving to improve patient care by providing the most progressive services. We now offer both quality primary care services for our patients, as well as specialist services for the most demanding referral cases. At last count, we have on staff 9 veterinarians (two of which are board certified specialists), 15 staff members, and many other specialists whom we work collaboratively with when special circumstances require. We welcome you to meet our doctors and staff on the Meet Our Team page, or better yet, come by and see us sometime. Even though we provide the most thorough and advanced veterinary services possible, it's our caring people who really make us special!